The Fire Serpent Tantra Lineage members
are chosen from the most gifted FST graduates
and get additional training continously from Mystress
to carry on her work.

Sensation at crown chakra

Started by flying solo, February 28, 2016, 10:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flying solo

I've had a particular sensation for about thirty five years that started when I first became interested in Buddhism.  I'm wondering if it could be kundalini.  It feels like soda bubbles at the base of my spine.  Over the years it has tended to spread, filling my torso and sometimes moving into my face.  But usually it just simmers away at the lower spine area. It's mostly gentle and is neutral in temperature.  When it gets more intense and wide-spread it can cause me to feel weak and tired. I probably have it 80% of every day to varying degrees and it's more noticeable when I'm sitting or lying down.  I have no health issues.   

In terms of spiritual practice, I've been meditating on and off for many years, but over the past three years it's been daily and sometimes up to an hour and a half, depending on what's happening in the session. Outside of meditation, my focus is a mixture of mindfulness, Advaita and neo-nondualism and just trying to live an honest, authentic and simple life.

I suppose I've always thought of this sensation as being K-related, but as it's not evolved into some of the other weird and wonderful 'symptoms' other people talk about, I've never been quite sure.

I guess what triggered me to write this post was an answer on a different spiritual forum. A person asked whether some sensations he's had for three weeks consisting of 'vibrating and buzzing around the anus' could be K. The response was that it was very unlikely as it's been unchanged for three weeks. The person was advised to visit his doctor.

Well, my sensations are different, but seeing as this has been going on for so long I thought I should ask people who know about such things.  Many thanks in anticipation.

flying solo

Edit to the post. I meant to write 'root chakra' in the subject heading