Mystress only accepts private sessions with her
Fire Serpent Tantra students.
Her FST Lineage continues the public work.

Our faces change when we relax

Started by jennyjunebug, May 17, 2008, 03:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennyjunebug

So, I'm new to this board and have no mediation experience but didn't know where else to go.   

Since we met my boyfriend and I have had this odd face changing thing happen since we met.  Whenever we relax together in a dim room and look at each other, we see the other person's face change.  I'm talking eye color, eye shape, skin tone, hair, everything.  It also has started to happen when I relax and look in the mirror.  So I looked up mirror, faces changing, etc and found the mirror meditation info on this website.

I guess my question is this: how this could happen spontaneously, and without a mirror?  Has this happened to anyone else?  We're stumped!!!

Gustaf

Quote from: jennyjunebug on May 17, 2008, 03:05:48 PM
So, I'm new to this board and have no mediation experience but didn't know where else to go.   

Since we met my boyfriend and I have had this odd face changing thing happen since we met.  Whenever we relax together in a dim room and look at each other, we see the other person's face change.  I'm talking eye color, eye shape, skin tone, hair, everything.  It also has started to happen when I relax and look in the mirror.  So I looked up mirror, faces changing, etc and found the mirror meditation info on this website.

I guess my question is this: how this could happen spontaneously, and without a mirror?  Has this happened to anyone else?  We're stumped!!!

Hello Jenny!
This is a third eye phenomena. Just like the mirror meditation you just mentioned finding on the site. By closing your eyes and watching the space there, you can have similar experiences. (Not necessarily limited to faces) It may also happen that you see very strange faces as well. It's nothing to be concerned about though. In a sense, you could say you see various aspects of yourself reflected in your boyfriend's face. 

If the variety of the faces is big, it is likely something coming from deeper within. If the changes are very subtle, it could be your mind's eye filling in gaps of information where you can't see with your physical eyes.

The key is that you are relaxing. The third eye can't function if you strain. Especially straining your physical eyes. Concentration and relaxation are intimately connected.  Also, when you relax your eyes, and don't look directly at an object, the energy that usually goes into this, instead goes into your third eye. In a dim room this is easier, since all the forms are less defined and harder to focus on. The mirror is just a catalyst. The same experience happens to you onto another person's face. It could happen on a picture as well. Although the experiences may differ slightly..

For example, if you look at your own face in a mirror, you are reflecting your own energy back to you.  If you look at your boyfriend's face, your are getting your energy reflected back through him, which may be affected by him as well. 

Sounds like a beautiful experience!

Namaste
Gustaf

Wanda

How about if one looks at another person and that person seems to change into someone else? It is difficult to describe how exactly, it's not a physiological change, just... Not him/herself, but someone else... No, I can't describe it.

Is this a mis-wiring in the brain (like, the "familiar" and "unfamiliar" signals get mixed up (just like with the deja-vu), or do I spontaneously switch to another mode of perception and start looking with my third eye?

Lately, this has been happening to me whenever someone blesses me. At that moment, the person delivering the blessing seems to change into someone else.

Maybe my third eye only activates while I'm getting blessed... ;) (A-ha! That's what I get from rubbing holy water on my forehead and getting a cross signed on it! Cf another topic in this forum, http://kundalini-teacher.com/visitors/index.php?topic=51.0)

But yes, Jenny, it sounds like a beautiful experience, and that you're certainly "connected" with your boyfriend on all levels, including the spiritual! What a lucky strike. And to think of the possibilities there...  :)