Kundalini-teacher.com is in the process of becoming even larger.

Kundalini and Lucid Dreaming

Started by Anonymous8, March 17, 2007, 02:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous8

Hi,

There were a few things I was wondering about Kundalini awakening and its effects on sleep and dreaming. I've read at some random sites that "spiritually advanced" people no longer go to sleep. I took this to mean they no longer fall unconscious while going through the typical stages of sleep. Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, I, personally, would like to start lucid dreaming because I see it as a next step for me in understanding the mind's processes. I've tried to stay conscious while falling asleep, and while I can do so during active paralysis, and can stay conscious hours later but, I haven't been able to experience a lucid dream. Is there anyone whose had success in this and can describe the process? Are there any Kundalini awakening exercises that, in particular, would help facilitate lucid dreaming or in general, staying conscious during sleep?

My hope to experience lucid dreaming is by no means the only motivation for my interest in Kundalini awakening. But, since I'm interested in both, it would be nice to know if and how the two are related.

Thank you for reading my questions and I appreciate any replies.

Pumpkhin

Hello,

I am not exactly sure about how Kundalini could be incorporated into lucid dreaming or the rammifications of doing so. I have read a little bit on lucid dreaming however. I have found that the wake-back-to-bed (WBTB) method works the best.

METHOD: Get tired. (Dry humor  :P) Sleep for five hours. Wake up and focus on lucid dreaming for about an hour. Go back to sleep. That's pretty much all there is to it. Keep it up until you have a lucid dream. Also I find that it is a good idea to keep a dream journal.

Some other methods involve using an alarm throughout the day and telling yourself that you will have a lucid dream tonight. This method is called mnemonic induction. (I think I spelled that right?) I guess you could do this after you ground yourself everyday. Build two habits at the same time.

Good luck and happy dreaming!
"Your work is to discover your world and
then with all your heart give yourself to it." -Buddha

Mystress

Kundalini will teach you to lucid dream, all by itself. Has the pattern of waking up spontaneously at 2 or 3 am started yet? Lucid dreams come next.

For what you want though, learning self hypnosis might give you greater insights. Blessings...
Fire Serpent Tantra Kundalini Mystery School
         https://fire-serpent.com
K-list community - https://kundalini-gateway.org

Gustaf

Hello!

I have lucid dreams frequently since awakening. Also had them before that, but then I had to work at it. Now they happen spontaneously. Half of my night's sleep or so is conscious, the rest unconscious. I haven't woken up in the morning with no recollection of what was going on during the night in years.   Lucid dreams are fascinating and can be a lovely experience, but they are not truly important.  Watching dreams is a bit like watching thoughts. (Or like a really good theme park ride) Some lucid dreams have led to deeper states, such as the void.  Try surrendering within a lucid dream! It can be truly amazing.  

Namaste!
Gustaf

Anonymous8

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who replied. I guess I just have to be patient. I've been doing Kundalini meditations faithfully and I have actually been waking up at 2 or 3 a.m. every night for the past week. I hadn't thought it related but, I guess it is so that's very encouraging. Hopefully, lucid dreams are around the corner. Thanks again to everyone who replied and I'll let you know if I have a lucid dream soon :).

Gustaf

If you want to learn lucid dreaming, it is not very difficult. :) Stephen LaBerge and the Lucidity Institute brought to/discovered how to do this in the west. I used many of these techniques myself when learning it. The forms are fairly simple, dream journals and reality checks being amongst them. In retrospective, learning lucid dreaming may have been part of what led up to the early awakening experiences.

Try this link. It's got a lot of really good info on lucid dreaming. :)

http://www.lucidity.com/

wejee

I have been waking up at 2-3 am for years.... it seems like I most often have a "lucid dream" at like 5 am, just before I wake up. I just happens spontaneously, I have yet to find the way to have them deliberately.

I have had some "awake while asleep" experiences that are not dreams, but are still very interesting. One involved my lovebird.... it was the middle of the night, and I thought I heard her flying around, chirping, and I could tell she was looking for me (except that when I thought about it later the chirping had an odd hollow sound)

I thought, I better get up, and put her in her cage, before she hurts herself. But I could not move- it was then that I realized I was still physically sleeping! When I realized that, I also realized my bird was NOT flying in the dark, and the room was quiet. I think I was picking up on her dreaming, or maybe the residual energy imprint of her alone during the day.  In any case, it was nice to know she flies around looking for me!

Jane

jimmyb

I was waking up at 3am on the point for a few month but it has stopped now. What does this mean. Sometimes though I feel like I am awake whilst I am sleeping though. What does this mean?

Mystress

Hi Jimmy:  It has to do with REM (dreaming) and sleep cycles. You go through the hypnotic trance level on your way to sleep, and the mind waking while the body sleeps is similar: it is Goddess putting you in a good place to communicate with your own unconscious mind. Often when you wake like this, it is to remember dreams and get insights.
Fire Serpent Tantra Kundalini Mystery School
         https://fire-serpent.com
K-list community - https://kundalini-gateway.org

karly

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread, but after reading it, I have a question:

I experience a certain level of lucidity in dreams, mostly passive lucidity -  I have not been able to actually 'take control' of my dreams.  However, I do notice something strange - I quite often get the feeling that I'm dreaming when I'm actually awake!  It's quite unnerving sometimes.  Does anyone else have this experience?

stevenbhow

I just started reading "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche. It is a combination of Tibetan Buddism and Bon. A very interesting read so far. In the book he states doing dream yoga every night for ten years is the same as doing a three year meditation retreat. He does say though, that it is best to have a teacher for this practice.

Gustaf

Quote from: karly on June 04, 2009, 01:34:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread, but after reading it, I have a question:

I experience a certain level of lucidity in dreams, mostly passive lucidity -  I have not been able to actually 'take control' of my dreams.  However, I do notice something strange - I quite often get the feeling that I'm dreaming when I'm actually awake!  It's quite unnerving sometimes.  Does anyone else have this experience?

Absolutely. I think it's connected too. Most of us spend our waking lives as if in some sort of daze. We're in a dream of thoughts and beliefs.

I remember when I learned a technique for lucid dreaming way back, called "reality check"  What you basically do, is that during the day, you stop for a moment, and look around you and try to discern whether you are dreaming or not. You can for example look at a clock and see if the numbers start getting warped, or if anything seems out of place.  If you actually are dreaming, it is likely you will become lucid. If not, things go on as before.

What's interesting though is when I started doing these reality checks, I became more aware in my waking life too. Like a cue to pull me out of the daze of thoughts.

I think that it's good you have the experience you are dreaming when you are awake. Try to take a step further and try to find out who is dreaming, who is having this experience?  Because it may mean your consciousness is moving out of compulsory thinking, which is a big step.

Namaste
Gustaf

Da Zues Mon

most definitely gustaf. "reality checks help me out with lucid dreaming and dream recall in general. What also helped me out alot was the dream induction.

i've also noticed that when i go to sleep altered by alcohol, my dreams seem to be very strong.but, though i feel heavy and i almost seem to be under the influence of whatever it is that i create in the dreamworld. though i have had a lucid dream on alcohol, i tried to fly and have some fun but i felt to weighed down.does anyone know why this is so?