Want to email the site owner?
She gets too much email.
Post here instead!

Fear

Started by A Person, January 02, 2010, 12:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Person

What is fear? The mental fear, i guess ego's fear of nothingness.
Is it that we become ego, as though we were possessed by an enitity and experience fear through it? Is it the essence of that which is not in the light of conciousness? Is it enough just to be concious of it, to remain grounded? hmmm

Lots of ? i know. Thanks for any feedback.

soham

Fear is a feeling of the probability of oneself or one's possessions getting harmed by some one or some thing which could as well be nothing.

A Person

So i guess its an expression of duality in its purest form, aside from physical fear, psychological fear would essentially be illusion? The oppsite of being grounded..

konquerer

I believe that fear comes from a sense of attachment to someone or something.

A Person

Yes that feels right. I ask because there is some fear i experience that seems to come from a 'spiritual place', or a psychic place. If i looked at it in another way i would say i was scared of my own being. Lol, perhaps we can become scared of our own projections. Im not sure. Its as if i was scared of deep stillness, perhaps it is ego being scared of ego death. Thanks for the input.

A Person

My fears were coming from my thoughts, siding with them, choosing what thoughts i wanted and which ones i didn't. Instead trying to allow the mind to be, allowing thoughts to do their thing but not judge solves the problem.
Its funny, i knew this before, but never could realise it. The difference was having the intention of getting to know the mind... Rather than 'dont judge it dont judge the thoughts!' lol. Like, dont think of monkeys dont think of monkeys!
Its like having compassion for the mind, you go into it with some heart, and that made all the difference.