The Fire Serpent Tantra Lineage members
are chosen from the most gifted FST graduates
and get additional training continously from Mystress
to carry on her work.

Shamanic Initiatory Illness

Started by ShamanSecrets, January 21, 2010, 12:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShamanSecrets

Finally a place to communicate. Thank you. :) 
I was reading about the Shamanic Initiation and finally read about someones experiences who were similar to my own.  I had thought all this time that I was the only person who saw "Death" and others in the spirit world.  I don't know why but I was never frightened when I saw him. Mostly I wanted to know what he was going to show/tell me.
I found that all the spirits have one thing in common. They communicate with imagery, symbols and numbers.  It is how they talk. 
The thing that upset me the most was that at the time I was going through initiation was that I did not know what was happening. There was no common knowledge about this.  No books.  Not even the fellow psychics brought it up. Nothing passed down in my tribe or mention of it. My first experience was at about 10 yrs. old.  I was a sickly kid that missed a good deal of school.  Constantly injured or accident prone. Ill for long periods of time and when the spirits came to visit along came more unexplainable illness, injury's and so on for years and years.  Over all this Initiation may have taken most of my life. They worked so hard to destroy Shamanism that today few people know about it, write about it or respect it. To be a Shaman in today's world is no easy task. There is no village or tribe that looks out for you or cares for you and trying to hold down a traditional job usually meets with a set of problems in it's own.  Mostly that when you stray from your destiny everything you try to accomplish falls apart.  I am glad this place is here.  I wish there were something like it a long time ago.
Thank you.  :)