This guestbook is a sacred space. Feel the energy? Welcome.

HELP...Pain at base of skull, unable to eat energy giving food, insomnia 2years

Started by drifter, January 10, 2010, 07:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter

Hi,

For the last 2 years I have been struggling immensly.

I had an experience like something shot up to my head and felt like it was literally burning my brain, right at the base of the skull.  This was accompanied by a "rush", like I I had had an adrenaline shot and all my nerves were energized.  I didn't know what to do.

For the first 8 months after that I suffered from severe insomnia, where i was lucky to sleep 1 hour a night.  Taking sleeping medication would have the opposite effect and instead energize me.

Severe headaches at the base of my skull would plague me daily.  Taking something like tylenol would also energize me in an uncomfortable way.

I had come from peru and thought perhaps I had got some parasite or something.  I did many cleanses, I went to see doctors, did tests.  But still my head was so painful, still i could not sleep.

Now that I know I am clean, and I observe what happens in my body when i eat fruit I am pretty certain this is kundalini and that my headache is perhaps due to a blockage in that area.  I went for a scan and it showed nothing.

When I fast a day and then eat fruit, I get a rush of orgasmic energy pushing through my nervous system.  It feels almost halfway between a rage and an orgasm.  I feel it coursing everywhere in my body, but stopping at the base of my skull, my head not receiving anything.  In fact I can feel that the pain is much more concentrated on the right side of the base of the skull.

Complex carbs like grains or root veggies have the same effect, except take longer for the rush to be felt and lasts much longer, perhaps a few hours.  With fruits it's also  a few hours, but the onset is quicker.

I cannot sleep.  I cannot eat fruits or carbs due to the inability to concentrate and the headaches.  No one believes anything is wrong.  Doctors just want to give me antidepressants.  My close ones have had enough of me complaining there is something wrong but not being able to explain what it is.  They think I have a eating disorder because I have lost weight, modifying my diet to avoid the discomfort those ffoods give me.
I don't know what to do any more....I am at the end of my rope.  I feel so alone.

I feel like maybe if there is something i could do to unblock the base of my skull the energy flow would be much smoother.

AnandDaan

Namaste

The thing to "do" in this case is nothing. Sit in stillness and allow your consciousness to turn in on itself. Make adequate time every day for spiritual practice. Allow Kundalini Shakti to take the reins.

The pain you are talking about is known as mastaka granthi in traditional yogic literature. It's conceptualized as one of the knots that Kundalini must pierce on it's journey to the crown. This is all just conceptualization though, there's nothing physically there and nothing that can be "done" about it. The granthis are analogies for our conditioned attachments to ego-identification. The only way to "untie the knot" is to surrender and allow Kundalini to dissolve the identity attachment.

The dietary issues also sound like Kundalini symptoms. People will randomly go vegetarian, randomly start eating meat, randomly develop an allergy to mangos for a while, etc. It's part of the process. The trick again is to "let go and let God". If you don't apply conscious thought to it and just let the body tell you what it needs you will not have these problems. For example, if you consciously finally figure out that fruit is good for your process and then your process changes and you don't need so much fruit you will then be confused and have to start the logical reasoning all over again. Just eat what your body tells you when it tells you. It's much simpler.