This guestbook is a sacred space. Feel the energy? Welcome.

Scrying

Started by Rasta, February 25, 2007, 03:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasta

Hi. I've been doing some mirror meditation, as I have been attracted to it by reading Osho's "Ultimate Alchemy", where he describes it in one single paragraph. One thing I'm not sure about is this - I wear eye glasses as I'm short sighted (-4.0 dioptry), so should I practice it with or without glasses ? I've been doing it some time without glasses, and now with them, and i feel more comfortable with them. I've also read Mystress's page about it, where she says that being relaxed and comfortable is important, but please, could anyone tell me exactly what to do when you wear eye glasses, and how does that influence the whole process (eyes, focusing, losing focus, getting eyes more or less tired...). I really like this method, as it's self-sufficient and really working, and would like to continue practicing it, and I'd really like to hear all hints about it - as much as possible :)

Mystress

Welcome, Rasta:

I used to have a student who insisted he could see auras better without his glasses... but really, dim mirror gazing is as much about imagination as physical vision. So are most types of scrying, it is how the unconscious speaks.

You can scry anything that has a random pattern that your unconscious pattern making creative mind can play with... it is similar to seeing castles and animals in clouds.  I once scryed a handful of lint and popcorn bits in the hand of a friend who was helping with the housework, because she asked me "where is Goddess?" Right there in your hand, making messages out of random bits of trash.  Goddess can speak through anything, and the message there was clear... and when I told her to close and reopen her hand, it was the next page of the story.

The mirror game is specific to integrating the collective consciousness and the archetypes. It is also a fun Kundalini party game. I call it "who is at home today?" I used to be able to call up a number of specific faces at will, be remembering thier vibration, how they felt. Faieries, grey aliens, old Gods, my Shadow self. These days I mostly just vanish.

Mirror gazing goes way way back, many ancient tombs especially the celts and egyptians buried people with a dull bronze mirror, not quite polished enough to be useful for personal grooming.  It was used to invoke and communicate with ancestors, Gods and spirits. Meditation mirrors can pick up quite a charge of spiritual energy, and need to be cleansed of parasites periodically.

There are several books for artists, that teach how to quiet the logical left side and get the creative right side to reveal its inspirations. The exercises also work to train yourself to fall into a scrying trance anytime. Scrying is a useful ability, but discernment makes better navigation.

I am curious to read Osho's paragraph. Please send it to me via pm. Thank you.
Fire Serpent Tantra Kundalini Mystery School
         https://fire-serpent.com
K-list community - https://kundalini-gateway.org

Rasta

I'm sorry, but I could not send you PM, because my post count must be ten or more :) Hope you don't mind putting it here (I strongly believe Osho wouldn't mind).

...here he explains the method of keep being awake and aware when going to sleep...
But this may look difficult, so I suggest to you a more simple exercise to encounter the unconscious. Close the doors of your room and put a big mirror just in front of you. The room must be dark. And then put a small flame by the side of the mirror in such a way that it is not directly reflected in it. Just your face is reflected in the mirror, not the flame. Then constantly stare into your own eyes in the mirror. Do not blink. This is a forty-minute experiment, and within two or three days you will be able to keep your eyes unblinking.
Even if tears come, let them come, but persist in not blinking and go on staring constantly into your eyes. Do not change the stare. Go on staring into the eyes, your own, and within two or three days you will become aware of a very strange phenomenon. Your face will begin to take new shapes. You may even be scared. The face in the mirror will begin to change. Sometimes a very different face will be there which you have never known as yours.
But, really, all these faces belong to you. Now the subconscious mind is beginning to explode. These faces, these masks, are yours. Sometimes even a face that belongs to a past life may come in. After one week of constant staring for forty minutes, your face will become a flux, just a film-like flux. Many faces will be coming and going constantly. After three weeks, you will not be able to remember which is your face. You will not be able to remember your own face, because you have seen so many faces coming and going.
If you continue, then any day, after three weeks, the most strange thing happens: suddenly there is no face in the mirror. The mirror is vacant, you are staring into emptiness. There is no face at all. This is the moment: close your eyes, and encounter the unconscious. When there is no face in the mirror, just close the eyes -- this is the most significant moment -- close the eyes, look inside, and you will face the unconscious. You will be naked -- completely naked, as you are. All deceptions will fall.

It's pretty much the same as your page, only difference is the origin of faces (your own, or of all the existance - but in the end, it's all the same :).
Anyway, for me, his page and your page are combination that rocks :)
Thank you Mystress, for everything, and nothing in particular...

jimmyb

That sounds pretty scary to me. Do you get your old face back once you finish meditating?

Chakra_Man