Kundalini-teacher.com is in the process of becoming even larger.

ACIM question

Started by Morgan, September 28, 2012, 01:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan

Hello-

I recently read in the book, A Course in Miracles, the following, and am wondering about the last line: "The concept of the self embraces all you look upon, and nothing is outside this perception. If you can be hurt by anything, you see a picture of your secret wishes. Nothing more than this.
And in your suffering of any kind you see your own concealed desire to kill." 

I understand the first lines, but I'm interested in what that last line refers to.  For some reason, I think this would be something important to understand.

Thank you.

bellapisces

I study ACIM and I see this line as referring to the ego's (generally unconscious) wish to "kill" God (The True Self)and become an "independent agent" so to speak, separate and apart from God. When we chose to look upon sickness, disease, and death, we are choosing to look upon things apart from God and reaffirm our projection. We will choose to see and look upon what we unconsciously believe we are.

Morgan

Thank you for your response. Your answer really helps to clarify and simplify some of the basic if not the essential teachings in the Course of Miracles.  In the past year I've been familiarizing myself with ACIM, and recently I've been aware of how I hang onto perceived hurts/wrongs even when it is apparent, there is no real problem. But I hang on like there is one.  I will refer to your answer often to remind myself and be more conscious of what I'm doing.

This is the second time I've posted a question on this web-site, and both times, one with your reply and the last time Mystress replied, I feel uplifted.  I'm really thankful for the guidance and the positive feelings.

With gratitude,

"Morgan"