Kundalini-teacher.com is in the process of becoming even larger.

Pains in neck/head.

Started by nodgie, May 18, 2008, 02:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodgie

Hello everybody. I've been reading some of the articles on this site and some of the posts here and find it very interesting. Over the last few years I've been getting interested in this kind of stuff. Anyway, over the last few years I've also been getting pains and aches(not severe), first around my shoulders, then my neck, and now they seem to be "connecting" and theres generally tension around my neck,forehead,cheeks, and chest.

Could this be "kundalini" rising? I also went to a few sessions with a physio therapist last year and she told me to turn my head to the left as far as I can and hold it for 4 seconds, then to the right, then back, then forward, then tilt to the left, then to the right, every hour. I did these exercises for a few weeks then she told me I was cured and I had full movement back in my neck. However I still feel this tension, and if I tilt my head back, and hold my breath, I get this feeling that theres an enormous blockage of "energy" (or whatever) and Its all building up to a massive explosion which should release all the tension. However the progress seems to be terriblay slow. However I do feel like I am making progress, And my personal happiness and peace has improved in leaps and bounds in the last few years. I used to be depressed and felt like the future was like a dark black hole, but now I feel theres a light at the end of the tunnel kind-of thing, but this neck/head/heart pain and strain is the last thing I need to get rid of before I become "cleansed" , or "awakened".

I'm a 27-year old male and I don't have the best habits health-wise. I do smoke but not very heavily. I don't get as much exercise as I should but I don't laze about all the time. I'm unemployed at the moment so thats not helping the situation. I've always been skeptical to all sorts of spiritual things, and while I don't disbelieve the experiences that people say they have I do think its their interpretation of it. I bought a pilates DVD but still haven't done a full session yet. And I get very irritated when my mouse cursor mysteriously jumps back to a previous paragraph as I'm typing this post (some random info there)

Mystress

First, the practical. Is the furniture you use most, properly ergonomic? Is your desk posture good? How many hours do you spend at the computer every day?  Are you writing this on a laptop that is actually on your lap? How is your bed? Do you have a good pillow so your neck can really relax at night? 

Honestly, I suspect you are a computer junkie or gaming geek who spends way too many hours immobile,  forgetting you even have a body, and that is what is locking up your neck.  Find a better physiotherapist and get her to balance your whole body before you end up hunchbacked. Get a better pillow with neck support.

Spiritually, sounds like what I call "backpack of inappropriate responsibilities" and that means stressing and worrying about stuff that is really not your problem.  Just take it off.

Blessings...

Fire Serpent Tantra Kundalini Mystery School
         https://fire-serpent.com
K-list community - https://kundalini-gateway.org

nodgie

Thanks for the reply. I got a leaflet in the door a few days ago advertising some Japanese massage therapy. I cant remember the exact name of it but It looks like its worth a try so Im going to try it.

Sounds easy to "just take it off" but it ain't easy in practise. Anyway it seems to be getting worse and worse. feels like its all gathering to a point in the top back of my head. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Blessings

nodgie

Still fairly intense todayI spent nearly the whole day chanting the word "OM" and at one point when I was driving my car down the road (whilst chanting om) I felt these really intense what I can only describe as uncomfortable, cringy, sort of bolts of sharp discomfort in my head.

Something I also did today was 100 push-ups. I struggles to get to number 100 but when I did and I stood up, I got the feeling or sensation in my face kind of like I'd been punched in the nose. But it was a really pleasant experience and I'd never felt that before. Perhaps it was adrelaline, I dont' know.

Getting mild crawling sensations on my face right now, and I suspect these will intensify in the coming weeks

Gustaf

Quote from: nodgie on June 11, 2008, 07:55:00 PM
Still fairly intense todayI spent nearly the whole day chanting the word "OM" and at one point when I was driving my car down the road (whilst chanting om) I felt these really intense what I can only describe as uncomfortable, cringy, sort of bolts of sharp discomfort in my head.

Something I also did today was 100 push-ups. I struggles to get to number 100 but when I did and I stood up, I got the feeling or sensation in my face kind of like I'd been punched in the nose. But it was a really pleasant experience and I'd never felt that before. Perhaps it was adrelaline, I dont' know.

Getting mild crawling sensations on my face right now, and I suspect these will intensify in the coming weeks

OM chanting while driving? Yipes. Be careful with that! Mantra meditation easily induces trance states. Fine while at home or in the woods or something, but not so safe while driving. Better stay grounded and focus on the road instead!

One often efficient way of releasing stuck energy is to breathe through it. Either to breathe through the feeling, or through the area. The most important thing is to hand it over to your higher power. Because spiritually, only you are keeping it there. (usually unconsciously) Conscious breathing is also a good way to bridge the spiritual/mental with the physical.

Also I'd recommend to not get too attached to symptoms, like crawling, visions etc. They are not really what's important, and seeking them out is like asking for trouble.  What really matters with Kundalini is how your perceptions change, of yourself, of the world around you, opening you up to ways of relating with life that will bring you deeper insights and increased peace, joy, and many other things.

ricky

I am intrested in ur topic and i loved it because some of them shy to share there feeling regarding their health.
i want to tell you that take care of your health and if you are very serious about you are health just meet with doctor or physio therapist.

ricky
_________________________________________________________-

Lets Make Your Finances Better. http://www.the-debt-clinic.co.uk