Welcome to the interactive guestbook for kundalini-teacher. com

Sexual Energy

Started by Heart, June 01, 2008, 03:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heart

Hello,

i am very new on this website. I havent started practising Kundalini yoga yet, but I am seriously considering to.
I am 19 years old and since about the age of 17, my sexual energy has almost diminished and i feel depressed - as if there is no driving force in me. Up until 16/17 years old, i used to feel normal, but now i dont. Apparently, my hormones are really out of balance. I would like to ask you, whether Kundlini yoga would help me awaken my libido and improve the blance of the hormones??? I just simply feel no energy down there  ;D

After reading the side effects of the awakening, i am a little scared as i am a very sensitive person, and i do not know how id deal with things such as hearing voices....

All the best,
Heart. Hope my letter is not too long and is understandable :) :) :)

Gustaf

Quote from: Heart on June 01, 2008, 03:46:35 PM
Hello,

i am very new on this website. I havent started practising Kundalini yoga yet, but I am seriously considering to.
I am 19 years old and since about the age of 17, my sexual energy has almost diminished and i feel depressed - as if there is no driving force in me. Up until 16/17 years old, i used to feel normal, but now i dont. Apparently, my hormones are really out of balance. I would like to ask you, whether Kundlini yoga would help me awaken my libido and improve the blance of the hormones??? I just simply feel no energy down there  ;D

After reading the side effects of the awakening, i am a little scared as i am a very sensitive person, and i do not know how id deal with things such as hearing voices....

All the best,
Heart. Hope my letter is not too long and is understandable :) :) :)

Hello Heart!

The decision to awaken Kundalini is a big undertaking, and it is not one to be taken lightly. It's a process that will change your life completely. The process happens in everybody, but usually very slowly. When an awakening occurrs, it becomes very accellerated.

If you really want to enter the spiritual path, and hand your life over to God-dess, it may be the right thing for you.  The various risks, dangers and side effects are very real however!. It's a path that needs a lot of groundwork and balance.  If you build up balance gradually, you will experience milder effects first, while at the same time letting your consciousness grow in witness power and discernment alongside with increased sensititivy and energy. So when things like hearing voices or seeing visions do occurr, they can be witnessed and allowed to just run their course.

If you want my personal perspective, to practice Kundalini yoga to raise your libido may be to ask for quite a bit more sexual energy than you anticipated! (trust me, I have been there)  There are some selected excercies that are often included in Kundalini yoga and tantra that very powerfully works on your libido (and can also transform the sexual energy)  If you learn them slowly and gradually, and practice them with care, they can be very helpful. Kegels are particularily helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegel_exercises

It's called "moola bandha" in yoga, which focuses on more specific points

http://yoga.org.nz/postures/mulabandha.htm

Be easy with it though, pace yourself!

Before doing any of this work, I'd recommend learning how to get grounded

http://kundalini-teacher.com/meditations/grounding.php

This is a meditation in its own right, and can have wonderful effects on your life.

Namaste
Gustaf

Heart

Thank you so much for your reply, you dont know how much I apprecite it. Well, I am on the spiritual path already :) I was taught transcendental meditation since i was 8 years old, however, sadly, I did not practice it. But now, I still have the technique and am starting to use it again!!! I would not say i experience much when i meditate, but i feel a lot calmer and peaceful during meditation.
The thing is, because my libido is low, i find it difficult to make a relationship last, because i just dont wanna sleep with my boyfriend (am still a virgin). Im only 19 and this makes me worried - I got it too deep in my head that i am abnormal and tha its going to be like this forever  :'(

Mystress

Heart: 

Gustaf has given you some excellent advice if you choose to pursue this path.. but get yourself to a doctor.  Any medical symtoms need to be checked medically, do not look for a spiritual cure until you know exactly what you are dealing with. 

I suggest you wait for awakening until you re older.  I have encountered too many young people who messed with Kundalini and ended up dropping out of school and living on the street because the awakening process made it impossible to study and difficult to work. 

Maslow's hierarchy of needs.  You are still so young. Get your basic stuff sorted, get an education and a career so you have stability then consider awakening.

In the meantime go see a doctor to find out what is wrong. ASAP!!

Blessings...
Fire Serpent Tantra Kundalini Mystery School
         https://fire-serpent.com
K-list community - https://kundalini-gateway.org

Gustaf

Many teachers on Kundalini do in fact recommend waiting until around the age of 30 before starting to truly awaken it. The reasons seem to be both biological, social and psycological. There are exceptions of course, especially when it happens spontaneously, but it's a good general guideline. I didn't even have any interest in it until the late 20s, myself. 

And I think checking up with a doctor first would be a good idea.

Namaste!
Gustaf