Welcome to the interactive guestbook for kundalini-teacher. com

Quit smoking..

Started by Username, August 09, 2010, 09:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Username

So I started smoking cigarets about a year ago. I was going through a time in my life when I didn't really care anymore but I feel like I am ready to quit. I have been having a very hard time doing it so far but I rememberd this site and wondered if you had any good advice. I see other smokers and I don't feel like I am one of them. I just really want to be free from this addiction.

Gustaf

I you have a hard time smoking, my first suggestion would be to go to a councellor/therapist that specializes in addiction. Some of them are really good at what they do. :)

Personally, I think that almost all of us are addicted to something. It's part of our culture and our egos. What about addictions other than substances? Like sex, internet, tv, work..   Whatever it is, we feel we can't stop, it owns us.

I have a friend/coworker who stopped smoking. He didn't struggle with it, but it simply fell away, as it didn't match how he wanted to live.

I think that when the root of the addiction starts to disappear, the addiction itself will go too...  What do you feel about it yourself?

Username

I don't know. I just feel like when I started it was something i could take or leave. just something to be enjoyed but as time went on i felt like i had to have it and it just made me feel so nasty and dirty. When I tried quiting and realized I couldent that is when I knew I had to quit. I feel like it has stained my soul. Like I will never be pure again. Sounds weird I know but I feel so dirty for ever picking them up. I mean I guess it's good to have expiereinced and went through but I feel so awful for ever starting. I feel as if I have strayed from a good path and enterd and destructive path. I'ts been about a month since I quit but I'm still geting craves. I don't want this to be with me for the rest of my life.

Username

I came here for advice because I lived so clean when I was into spirituality and now I hardly ever even think about it. I just live... which might be the right thing to do.  I guess I don't feel to bad for it. Alan Watts was a heavy smoker I guess and he was a zen master. I just feel very lost and confused at the moment. Like Im not myself at all. dont know what to do to get back in harmony

Username

I tried going to college and ended up droping out. now I just feel so lost and freaked out about everything in life. Thought I would come here for guidance

Username

I feel like I lost my powers. As weird as that sounds. I feel like I had literal powers and life was just a big joke. I felt like I was siting in the godhead at peace now I feel like everything is on top of me.

Username

I just feel like im nothing no. Ive lost friends and i just feel worthless

Username

Hmmm. Well sorry for all the random posts that had really nothing to do with the topic. I just really havent been in a good state of mind at all recently. It's been over a month since I have quit but I still feel horrible. I wish I never started smoking to begin with but I guess I didn;t care anymore at the time. The past few months I have just felt so  weak though. Like I can't even get out of bed weak and depressed. I feel like when I started smoking I was slowing falling off of the path I wanted to be on and feel as though I can't get back on it. I feel like I have a brick in my head. I can still feel the energy going up my spine but it's not as strong and don't even know if it's a good thing anymore. I just feel like I am dead. Like all hope is gone. I am doomed to feel like this the rest of my life and work a shitty factory job.

I just feel like none of this is even important anyore.

Ashley

So am I right your Kundalini is activated for you at this moment? I don't understand why your life would be so difficult now if it is. It should provide you all the answers you seek, especially a healthy body. There's also one thing...as your will against the addiction increases with the time you deny it from your body, the cravings will go away for good. My father was a heavy smoker of like 20 years, and he stopped smoking one day, had his last puff in the toilet in the morning, and from then on, he hasn't looked back, even when the rest of my siblings picked up the habit. He stopped I believe, because he felt it was becoming too expensive a habit for our financial situation then. Don't give up hope. I will try to help as I can, just keep talking to me. :)

Username

I'm doing better since Ive quit smoking but I still find myself thinking about them. Also, I apologize for the excessive off topic post's. If anything that is showing how scattered my thought process is. I don't know though. I should probably make a new thread for this but I have been having a host of problems. All which may be linked to Kundalini. Some of this stuff alittle personal but I need advice. I don't know what to do. And to Ashley I didn't even smoke for a years time but had an extreemly difficult time quiting. It took me 6 or 7 attempts to quit which I knew I had to after I realized it took over my mind in a way. I am not one to be strongly against smoking or drinking but have always been for moderation which is why I started in the fitst place. Indulging in pleasure is a very important part of life to me but so is moderation. When I realized I had to smoke and couldent quit I knew it was time for me to quit and that my expierment was going to turn into a life long addiction if I didn't stop then. When I first started I remember having dreams where smoking is all I wanted to do so I know it had a huge psychological effect.... A big problem might just be me feeling guilty, weak or stupid for allowing myself to get addicted to such a filthy thing when I am a health nut in all other aspects of my life haha. However I still feel as though my body is  healthy. I don't know if that is contricuted to kundalini at all but I have like an 8 pack and have hardly worked out a day in my life. I'm no huge guy but I look like I workout. Ive had people ask me what my secret was and theyare shocked when I tell them nothing, I don't even work out... I think I'm just trying to boost my ego here though.

On top of everything else I am just strugling with alot. I'm disgusted by the direction out society and culture is heading. I can't even turn on the TV or radio without being sickened. I'm sick of myspace, facebook, texting and all of this shit. I find myself drifting further and further away from my peers and the world in general. I feel like an Alien on this planet sometimes. I wonder if I should even go on sometimes. It all feels like such a lost cause. My enlightenment means nothing when there are a billion suffering people in the world. If anything it's selfish to think I deserve peace.

I haven't left my house in over a month and just feel horrible. Like I am being smothered but by my own mind. Another thing I have noticed is that I feel no attraction for anyone anymore.. I'm straight and I feel absolutely no attraction to the opposite sex. I can tell if someone is good looking or not but it seems to be more of like an art to me now rather than a basic attraction. Like looking at a sculpture and recognizing that is done well but not feeling affection for it. I have had several beautiful women that I knew were attractive throw themselves at me and I don't even feel like I'm interested in anything. I turn them down just because I don't feel anything for anyone anymore. Like I am becoming asexual.

I also feel like even typing this has been a struggle in itself. I once enjoyed writing and was good at it. Not I feel like it is just wasted effort. i really don't know if any of thiseven makes sense. I'm thinking about maybe going on a three or four day fast just to break out of rutine and try to clense my system. I also feel like all my passion is gone. For everything. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh. I noticed so many errors when reading through this. feel to weak to correct. Thank's to anyone who takes the time to read this or reply though

Mystress

I think the stuck place isnt smoking or anything like that, its your too high expectations of yourself.  There are a lot of self judgments and a lot of looking backward toward the past, which takes you out of the here and now. Focus on the moment and keep counting your blessings, things will turn around. Let go of attachment to past blisses knowing better ones will be incoming in thier own time.

I smoke one 200g can of extremely light, canadian methol tobacco per month. Hand rolled in a long ebony holder which cools the smoke and collects the tar. Learning that people who smoke are less likely to get alzhiemers or parkinsons, both of which run in my family, killed any interest I might have in quitting.

Tobacco is historically a sacred plant, the south american word for shaman means "tobacco user" and I know quite a few enlightened folks who smoke, though most keep that info to themselves.

I dont suggest anyone start smoking just because I do. I have some advantages, such as an abundant nectar flow bathing my lungs and keeping them healthy, and some types of shamans like myself have a natural immunity to cancer. So smoking doesnt hurt me... but most dont have that and are better to stay away from it.
Fire Serpent Tantra Kundalini Mystery School
         https://fire-serpent.com
K-list community - https://kundalini-gateway.org

Username

Thank's for the reply Mystress. It is greatly appreciated.