Everyone is welcome to share experiences.
If you are not a member of the Fire Serpent Tantra Lineage
please refrain from offering advice. Thank you.

Hello/Introduction/Om

Started by Enola alone, January 13, 2008, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enola alone

Hello everyone,

I have been navigating around this website for the past few weeks. I am Kundalini awakened myself, and a devotee of Yogananda and his lineage. Although there are certain aspects of this website I am not resonating with completely (BDSM references), most of the material has been a joy to read. I am feeling the Shakti within the pages.
I practice alot of Pranayama, and alot of Bhakti. My first signs of Kundalini was roughly around 2 years ago now. Since then I have had alot of Kriya Movements, and flirted with the trancendental perceptions.

One thing I havn't heard spoken about much here is the trancendental sound of Om. Has anyone else here touched on this blissful vibration? It's a big part of Yogananda's lineage, so It's always been a primary focus for me.

Sigmund

Thank you for bringing your energy here.  I've admired Yogananda for many years and made it a point to visit his home when I was in southern California.

I wouldn't worry about what you're not resonating with here. As I'm sure you've come to find, this isn't an all or nothing place.   

Pranayama, bhakti, karma, kriyas and aum also augment my practice and the shakti here is a fun benefit.   I break aum down into three parts, each using a chakra color and placement.  I find this magnifies the results.  I've lined it out in detail on my meditation web site, www.shambhudance.com.  It's about a third of the way down the first page.  I find these things go hand in hand with what I pick up here.  My practice has become so much more spontaneous lately. 

Go well and be well.  Jai.

Gustaf

I also have my roots in traditional yoga, the Satyananda tradition.  Mantra is a big part of my Sadhana.

Sigmund's manner of OM meditation sounds wonderful, I need to give it a try!

One of the powers is in the vibration of my own body while chanting. I made a recording with tampur drones and a group chanting OM, and then played it with a stereo every morning while chanting, so the vibrations would fill the room and move through every level of my being, from outside and in, from inside and out. Absolutely wonderful!

Nada yoga has a technique of Pranava Om where you form your mouth in a certain way, with Khechari Mudra and Shambhavi Mudra, and sing all three syllables at the same time, sometimes varying the sound by altering the overtones.  It's a bit difficult at first, but it's an incredibly powerful form of OM chanting.

I also use a guru mantra.

What is wonderful with this mantra is that it has never died.  Through kundalini experiences, through changes, through thick and thin, it always returns, with a new, deep freshness every time. Even if it may not be a Devi mantra, my Divine Beloved loves hearing it deeply, and accepts every vibration as a precious gift.

OM Shakti OM!
Gustaf