Mystress only accepts private sessions with her
Fire Serpent Tantra students.
Her FST Lineage continues the public work.

Floatation Tanks...as a Tool to open chakras?

Started by floatnthru, October 03, 2008, 04:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

floatnthru

I've been thinking about higher levels of consciousness for most of my life.   

Curious about some of the things I've felt (mostly from floatation tank sessions), I've surfed the net to this page.  Some of the sensations that I get -- are they chakras opening?  I'm pretty sure I'm on to something, and I think maybe some of those sensations are in fact the opening of chakras.  Tingling hands and feet is an example of a feeling I have had, generally when I'm feeling really good in my tank.

If you've never heard of a floatation tank, you should google the subject and check it out.  It's like: Meditation for dummies.  You float in saltwater that is heated to your skin temperature, and because of those two things your body loses touch with where the water starts and the body stops.  Your kind of just THERE.   

I've had two "vision" type experiences in my tank that are in part why I am logged onto this page.  For the sake of understanding, floating is just like meditating, so think of it that way:

Vision #1: I can see my third eye, basically looking right back at me from the spot where I put it (right between my eyebrows).  I see it, it gets bigger, I'm moving towards it and BAM I GO RIGHT THROUGH IT.  Got out of the tank shortly after and felt unbelievable.

Vision #2: After going through some unpleasant experiences....Floating in the tank, after 30 minutes my mind is blank and then I see a stick figure man (ME) walking out from some
entranceway (like in a play).  The man holds his arms out, forming a T -- then RIGHT AWAY he crumbles into ash.  I thought that was crazy to see that, out of nothing seemingly.  I thought to myself: let me see if I can create that same scene in my mind, and play it out.  So in my mind I brought the man out from the entranceway, and in my mind I saw his arms form a T, but then...instead of turning into a pile of ash the stick man crumbled into.... A SERPENT, and slithered away. 

I felt sort of resolved after that, it was great.

Has anyone ever heard of floatation before?  If not, and you want to try it you can come to my house:)  I'm trying to understand if some of the great feelings I get are chakras opening, among other things.  What do you think?

Gustaf

Heya!

I've heard of floatation tanks, but never had the oppurtunity to try one. It sounds great!  Sounds like the tank induces sense withdrawal quite easily, which is a stage for turning the attention inwards.

The chakras can be said to represent different levels of awareness, and are part of the psychic framework.. So, if your state of mind is affected, the chakras are affected, and vice versa.

Most tantric meditations that focus on chakras, kundalini or archetypes are very powerful since you don't have to deal with the mind directly.

Since your mind became so still, and you had experiences that were both profound and greatly archetypical, I'd say that your chakras were definitely involved. :)

Namaste
Gustaf

Mystress

I have used a float tank, quite wonderful how the mind opens. Enjoy it!
Fire Serpent Tantra Kundalini Mystery School
         https://fire-serpent.com
K-list community - https://kundalini-gateway.org