Thank you for your visit.

Kundalini moving down.

Started by Username, August 06, 2008, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Username

My kundalini is moving downwards now. I can't believe i let this happen to me but at the same time I'm understanding. has this ever happened to anyone else?
I had family come to town recentally and all i am constantly being pressured to do things i don't want to do. I try telling them my views which is basically pointless. I am viewed as a typical dumb teenager and they don't even speak to me like I am a human. I felt like my soul was literally being attacked and my spirit was constantly being crushed. I was told money is life several times. I was looked on as a dissapointment and had to deal with my mom crying and stuff like that. I tried to work with these people but it did no good. It seems that they are just upset because i don't want what they want for me. I did good defending my views but somehow i started perceiving things from their view.  There is more to it than that but its not important.

I read somewhere that spiritually awakened people are much more susceptible to 'Mara' and that you should not surround youreself with people who focus on solely the material world... It went on to talk about how their magnetism can trick you if its strong enough and that kundalini will lock its self going down and it will not flow up again until your vigorously shake off the mud. What could help me do that?

Gustaf

Before you do anything else, get grounded, as often as you can.

http://kundalini-teacher.com/meditations/grounding.php

Thoughts, opinions and perceptions are moving through us 24/7.  Some of them are our own, others are thoughts from others. Mass beliefs, family, anything. What matters more than anything else is to become centered in who you really are, to be grounded and still within.

I don't think it's true at all that spiritually awakened people are more susceptible to get entangled. In fact, those who are -not- awakened, are -already- completely entangled, and not even aware of it. When you are awake, you become aware of all these things, and have the option to break free from the entanglements. My guess is that before you were starting to awake, you were not aware of it much at all.

I had several encounters myself with family and at work where my views have been confronted.  The mistake often made, is that I start defending them, and thus get entangled into a tug-o-war for energy on a fairly gross plane., with all the resulting karmic feeback of being God-dess for them. Family is strongest, it is most difficult because there are so many strings attached, so many buttons to push, and most of it happens unconsciously, more or less automatically.

So here's a recommendation.

Learn to get grounded!  Stay grounded, remain present as much as you can.  When you have insights, live them, and act on them.  If you are with people who pressure you, to become something you are not, stay grounded. It is often not even necessary to talk about yout views.  If it is an argument, it is unlikely anyone will listen. The best time to talk about them is if you feel they are really interested.

You may notice that many things within your family is reactive, automatic. Not just the others, but yourself too. Your ideas of them, and your reactions are also automatic, and you may be identified with these reactions.

The more grounded you become, the more the answers will arise from within you. You are able to -respond- to them, rather than react to them.

Shaking off the mud is a great anology!  It's part of energy hygiene. It needs to be done constantly! Keep your aura clean, keep yourself centered in stillness. As much as possible.  Eventually, it becomes easier.

So remember to be grounded, and to breathe!  Let Goddess take your mud.   You may feel it when you ground yourself.

http://kundalini-teacher.com/karma/surrender.php

Namaste!
Gustaf

Quote from: Username on August 06, 2008, 02:37:04 PM
My kundalini is moving downwards now. I can't believe i let this happen to me but at the same time I'm understanding. has this ever happened to anyone else?
I had family come to town recentally and all i am constantly being pressured to do things i don't want to do. I try telling them my views which is basically pointless. I am viewed as a typical dumb teenager and they don't even speak to me like I am a human. I felt like my soul was literally being attacked and my spirit was constantly being crushed. I was told money is life several times. I was looked on as a dissapointment and had to deal with my mom crying and stuff like that. I tried to work with these people but it did no good. It seems that they are just upset because i don't want what they want for me. I did good defending my views but somehow i started perceiving things from their view.  There is more to it than that but its not important.

I read somewhere that spiritually awakened people are much more susceptible to 'Mara' and that you should not surround youreself with people who focus on solely the material world... It went on to talk about how their magnetism can trick you if its strong enough and that kundalini will lock its self going down and it will not flow up again until your vigorously shake off the mud. What could help me do that?

Gustaf

I forgot to mention something. As far as being susceptible goes, many awakened people become very empathic, and tend to take on other people's stuff.  (Arguing can do this, sometimes, too)  You become more aware, but also more sensitive, which is why daily energy hygiene is so important.

http://kundalini-teacher.com/chakras/empathy.php

Namaste!
Gustaf