This guestbook is a sacred space. Feel the energy? Welcome.

Visualisations

Started by Liosha, October 01, 2007, 11:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liosha

Ok, hello first of all,

I find visualisations are hard for me due to my 'mind' constantly throwing me for a hoop, distracting and distorting my intentions. I want to try them but at the same time do not want to perform them with this element attached.
So what would be the best way for me first of all, to practice and build up, calm and definitive visualisations without harming myself with badly visualised ones? A practice visualisation so to speak.

Thanks.

Ok i may as well add a little personal history...

Reading on 'awakenings' i think i may of had some similar experiences;

Seeing a large silent ball of red light,
Reaching a state of very deep calm after asking a question (in which i asked for the answer if yes, to be given by a lightning flash) And then there was a lightning flash.

Being able to reach this intense state of calm, (That is full of intense love) and then 'freaking out' when a flash of light lit up the sky.

So i haven't been able to pass a particular threshold out of fear...
And this fear is present in my life. And i feel negative thoughts will really hamper my visualisations, (especially when they really effect me - 'locking an energy in' etc)

Anyways Thanks,
hope to hear from you soon.

Liosha

EDIT;

I think in fact i will start with the walking meditation and just be patient. I think i have a lot of 'dross' to clear.
Id like to add that this is a really great site, im very pleased to have found it. Ive been searching for answers for so damn long i think this site has shown which way to go.
Thankyou.

Liosha

Ok so i have sorted out my problem with the meditations.

I would like to know Mystress's opinion on the 'phenomenon' i listed above.
Thankyou for your time. Namaste.

Liosha

Ok, well sorry for blathering on...
But,

I have more questions.

I have long had a fear of social situations, i believe i become un-grounded in these instances, in fact very-un-grounded.
Now at the same time i am an innately quite a social person, yes ironic, but i have long lost hope of ridding myself of this fear which is totally crippling. But since spending some time with the grounding meditations it has helped a little.
Have you heard of similar stories? And if so can you help me with some advice please?
Is grounding enough? And can i rid myself of this problem?

Much thanks if you can answer my question

Mystress

An energy dynamic, associated with you being very concerned about how you appear to other people, as well as being afraid of them. Because you are afraid, you try to control, sending projections which create an energy entanglement, especially if those around are not interested in playing along with it.  
 Read the essays on projections and empathy.

Blessings...

Liosha

Thankyou Mystress,
Would grounding be the best approach in dealing with this?
I imagine it would as you said it is the basis of your spiritual work.

I find the meditation very effective, (i play a lot of guitar, that helps, but nothing like the meditation)

Is it a case of practice practice practice?

Thankyou very much.

Liosha

Liosha

QuoteAn energy dynamic, associated with you being very concerned about how you appear to other people, as well as being afraid of them. Because you are afraid, you try to control, sending projections which create an energy entanglement, especially if those around are not interested in playing along with it.  
 Read the essays on projections and empathy.

Blessings...

Ok, im sorry to go on like a broken record.....

Its really tough getting a handle on this. Concerned about how i appear and fear of others. I saw a psychic lady the other week, and she told me first of all that my higher self was steering me away from situations and i mistook that as shyness. She said my higher self is integrated with me. She also said that this "anxious'ness" around others comes from the male side of my family.
I asked her if the solution was to be grounded and she said yes.

I feel at some point i may have soaked up a lot of Karma making me almost paranoid.
Getting a grip on my projections and these concerns of how i appear to others. Would you say this is classic ego stuff?
May i ask some advice on how to approach these concerns and feelings, how to release these shackles i have?
What i want is simply to share my life with others and stop being such a miserable bastard. But letting my spirit free and enjoying life seems to be so out of reach! :'( I am naturally happy and upbeat, but i have these chains that i need to break.
Any further advice is most welcome!

Much thanks